Tuesday, November 15, 2011

6, 7, 8, .....,15

15.  I'm Thankful for ...... My Brothers.  They are funny, smart, and most of them are great dads.  They are great friends to me and have been able to really demonstrate the importance of good character and being yourself.  They have also shown that chivalry is not dead.

14. I'm Thankful for ...... My Sisters.  They are all good examples of faith, being stalwart, and service.  If I could grow up to be like them them, I think I'll be doing alright. 

13. I'm Thankful for ...... Sundays and Church.  I'm grateful that I'm able to go to church and have a spiritual renewal.  I'm grateful that the Gospel is there regardless of where you are attending church.  I'm also grateful for my friends help me enjoy my Sunday afternoons.  Some may think that these guys don't deserve it... but it's one of my favorite things to do.  It's my one day of a week to cook (well... except this week where all we had was leftovers but they still ate them).

12. I'm Thankful for ...... College Football.  There is nothing I enjoy more (well... there probably is but you know what I mean) than heading to Rice Eccles Stadium, even in rain and snow.  Saturday I was able to enjoy a nice, strong win over UCLA and was able to watch it with my brother and my nephew, David.  Now... that was fun.  David was cheering on the teams and football (I mean... literally yelling "Go Football! Go Teams!").  He was high-fiving everyone one touchdowns (everyone within three rows of him in any direction), and was even showing us his Ute Pride by showing us his "U". 

11. I'm Thankful for ...... The Veterans and Italian Food.  Today we celebrated our family heritage.  The Fishers have come from a great line of people.  We have been taught from daily examples of the privilege of living in this country.  I am thankful for the patriotism that I feel constantly.  And... we have been blessed with the ability to cook well and eat well.  That's the Italian in us...

10. I'm Thankful for ...... Education.  I know.... That's a stretch but I am.  I never would have thought that I would have completed as much school as I have but things have worked out and the more I learn, the more I become excited to keep learning.  However, I'm going to say, this is the last of the formal education I'll get.  The rest will be for fun.

9. I'm Thankful for ...... Hatch's Hot Chocolate. I flew home from North Carolina and 2 minutes after getting off the plane, I received a text from a friend. He wanted dessert and seeing that it was a little too cold for Nielsen's, I convinced him to try out Hatch's. AMAZING!!!! Hot Chocolate was great! Conversation was great! Nice little break before going back to reality.

8. I'm Thankful for ...... Being Able to Get Away.  There are not many things that I like to do alone but traveling on business trips is one of them.  I enjoy flying alone, wandering through airports at my own speed, having my own hotel room, and truly having my own schedule.  There is something about it that just makes me relaxed.  I won't trade traveling with friends but when the time is right, those business trips can make for a nice break.

7. I'm Thankful for ...... Understanding Professors and Technology.  I had to go out of town for work, the same week that a final for one of my classes was due.  Not the best as far as timing goes.  However, due to the advances in technology, I was able to lug around my laptop and complete this assignment and send it back to my professor.  It may not be the best paper I've ever written but I was able to get it down and finished another class in my program.

6. I'm Thankful for ...... The Chance to Start Over and Make Changes.  That's all for that... I'm just glad that things don't have to continue down the same path but if a project, or a goal I've set, or whatever.... if things are going right... it's not the end of the world.  There's a chance to make things different.

No comments: