Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Life in a Cube

Welcome to my Office!!! All I can say is… it really stinks where I sit, literally.

I sit right outside of the all of this: the breakroom, the copy room, the stairs, the printers, and the water cooler. I know… you’re thinking… that’s convenient… but it’s not.




I get to smell everything people are having for breakfast, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, early dinners, and whatever else they feel they need to cook in the microwave. Let me tell you… the smells of tuna fish, mixed with BBQ sauce, burnt popcorn, toast and leftover ham from last nights dinner, does not help ones appetite for their own lunch. I’ve tried to drown out the smell by sitting here eating my Reese’s Peanut Butter eggs but that only helps so far. Really… people… think!!!!

Oh… and the stairs…. Being in a cubicle world… there’s nothing quite like it. I think people feel that these ¾ high walls block out any and all sound. Trust me people… it doesn’t. Hearing about your upcoming vacation, your baby woes, what your teen-ager is doing now, who you’re dating, your wedding plans, and what you did last night can be quite amusing. However, you might be wary of what is being heard on the other side of the wall. I hope you really didn’t want to keep THAT a secret.

All in all, it’s not bad. But it sure makes the day interesting.

Really… I just want to know, whose bright idea is it to put tuna fish in the microwave… TODAY!!!!

No comments: