Monday, September 10, 2012

And I'm Heading West....

Well.... it happened.... I'm moving again!!!!  But... This might be the biggest move and decision of my life.  However, that said... I think it might have been the easiest decision of my life.

So, here's my story...

Awhile back, I had decided it was time for me to make a career move.  I was in a good job and working on a second Master's degree.  When deciding to study for an MBA, I knew there was something in store for because going for an MBA was not part of my life's goals.  However, this was the best curve ball I've ever been given.  This helped me figure out what I actually want in a career, a decision that I am so excited for.  In addition, I knew that I wanted to try a different place, rather than SLC, UT.  I was hoping to go East... I'm going West.  I'm headed to San Francisco with the exact job that I want.  In fact, I think its better than what I could have planned for.

 

During the course of 10 (yes... 10 interviews), a boutique (which really just means small and specialized) healthcare consulting firm in the Bay Area hired me as a Consultant.  Here's the lovely hotel room that I had to stress and prep for the interviews with two other Consultants for "coffee" and for lunch, and then the ultimate interview with the CEO and Founder.  The women I had lunch with asked me when I had my "freak out" moment.  I hadn't had it until on my flight back to SLC, through the LONG weekend until I got the amazing offer on Monday morning (6 days after my interview).



So, this lead to quick decisions and packing... and packing....

(This is my Christmas/Camping/Halloween/Growing Up Stuff Boxes.  This is just the beginning...)
 
 

And packing....


And creating a disaster....


And more disasters....

Checking things off my "To-Do" List...


Meeting with the movers...
(It was a 28 foot truck... don't worry, I didn't fill it up... its just what they had)
 
 
More (bedroom packing)...

Movers are hard at work... (Pretty much the best decision to hire movers rather to creating friends that will ultimately hate you for working for pizza...)

Things are disappearing...

But still a mess...

And now to put stuff in the storage unit (It's still light... but not for long)...

It looks like so much space... but....


It fills up quickly...

These guys are good at Tetris... (That's my friend's stuff in the front area)

We're getting closer... (This is where I slept on move-out day... P.S. good thing I didn't see many people that day... this was day two without a shower and wearing the same clothes... I felt pretty disgusting at this point...)

And this is the final day and the good-bye to this place.  I loved this house but happy to give it up to head to California.
 
I have no idea what's in store for me or where I'm going to be living two weeks from now, I am so excited and so calm for this new opportunity.   
 
In the words of Cyndi Lauper:
And I'm heading west without a sad goodbye
And I'm heading west, oh
I'm like a letter with no address
Just like a book I read, I'm heading west
 

No comments: