Monday, June 15, 2009

40 day challenge...

So... not to long ago, my bishop told us that he believes that it takes 40 days to gain a habit (or lose one). So, I decided to try this challenge. Well... actually... I hadn't quite decided it was going to be 40 days but I had to make some changes and was planning on a month but if i can do a month, why not 40 days. So, here to goes nothing...

I am going to set some goals right here, right now...

1. Eat Breakfast. How hard can that be? Breakfast is supposed to be the best meal of the day. Starting tomorrow, I get to have the best meal of the day. I guess I've been really missing out on something here.


2. Exercise. So, I'm not going to say... I'm running every day or weight lifting or going to the gym... just exercise... Just plain ol' get up and move exercise. This is going to include, but not limited to, gym visits, spinning class, exercise videos, volleyball, soccer, running outside, resistance band during So You Think You Can Dance, ... any other suggestions???


3. No Credit Cards. So that idea of being debt free works a lot easier if you don't use credit cards. So, I'm done with them...


4. "Little Stuff". This means I'm going to read my scriptures and pray daily... you know... the Sunday School answers. I would say that I would put go to the temple, but I can't do that for 40 days. That will just be a side goal.


So, that's the start.... There are some other goals I have but it will have to be a later, more personal time if you want to hear about those ones.
So... your job is to keep me focused and keep asking... "how's it going?"
I'll let you know in 40 days if there are some new habits in my life...

1 comment:

L.J. said...

How's it going?