Friday, October 4, 2013

Google and a Lyft

Good news from today...

1....  I got an email from someone at Google.  Before you all get excited, let me tell you the story.  My friend, who works at Google, must have been talking to some in 'People Operations' (aka Human Resources) and he emailed me to set up a time that we can chat and find out what I'm looking for.  I'm not sure what, or if, he has any pull but I'm excited to talk with him.  Obviously, the more people I keep talking to the better.

2.... I decided to try and make some extra cash by becoming a Lyft driver.  I got approved and decided to active my app to 'driver mode' to see how this goes today.  I got a call and went and picked up this girl.  I drove her to Trader Joe's.  I told her she was my first rider and we had a nice chat.  During the course of our chat, I told her I was looking for a job.  By the end of the ride, we exchanged numbers and she said she's going to check with some people she works with (BTW she's a speech pathologist) and see if she can help me out.  We'll see how this goes but it made me happy.  I'll to you more about this Lyft experience later.

No comments: