Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Falling into Place

I just wanted to take a second and recognize how Heavenly Father keeps getting in my way....
  • Finding a job in California (it wasn't my original plan for a "fun" place to move but it's definitely a good replacement... and technically I was putting it on lists when I told people where I wanted to move...).  Not only finding a job but finding the exact job that I want, in an area that I want to be in, in a new area, with an effort to start a new life and get out of my Salt Lake City rut.
  • Housing has fallen into place
    • Todd House (housing by the temple... which gave me a sense of familiarity when moving to the Bay Area)
    • San Jose (house with a family while I got familiar with the job and the area)
    • Two temporary housing options opened up within 12 hours of each other in Palo Alto giving me a chance to get to know other single, LDS people and start making a social life
    • Spot opened up in a house in San Francisco that is exactly what I want... (it's in the area I wanted to move into, with a garage, off the beaten path of SF... and room for ALL of my stuff.  I was thinking about getting my own place but the girl I'm moving in with seems great... and she doesn't have anything so we'll make a good team.)
    • The girl I'm taking her spot from in the place in SF, is going to take my spot in the place in Palo Alto... she just got a job South and doesn't want to commute either.
  • Job is great and in great area of The City
  • Friends out of the area who suddenly remember people they know in the area and connect me with those people... which is leading to finally starting to make friends
That's all I can think of right this second... I'll come back and add more later.  All in all, its been a slow change and I feel like I'm friendless.  However, its only been a month and ultimately things are really good and I'm happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for big changes! This is a fun one. I'm excited for you.

-Lora (I hate signing into google for this)