Monday, October 25, 2010

Runner #14241

I am freaking out...


There are 6 days to go until I am doing my race in Washington DC. I fly out in 5 days. I have printed off my Confirmation Card, my Flight Plans, my metro directions, and many other items to make it through the weekend in the best way. I am now making my packing list. I'm not ready yet but I'm getting close.


During the last two weeks I was getting very concerned. I got this cold that was not treating my nice. Between not letting me sleep at night for several nights in a row, having the constant cough, having a hard time breathing, I was getting really worried. I went as far as asking a friend for a blessing but after asking him, I was finally able to get some sleep. After 3 nights of no sleep, that was a welcome event. I didn't need to get that blessing after all but it was nice to feel I had someone I thought I could ask. It's not always the easiest thing to do. But I'm feeling good now. I took the weekend off; I didn't do my last run... but at least I can breath now. I've been able to to get two 20-mile runs in so I know I can do the distance... but hopefully I can do the distance fast enough.

This weekend is going to be fun, and Kelly is coming with me. I'm hoping to be able to carry a camera and take some pictures along the way. I'm used to carrying my phone, so I'm going to replace my phone with my camera and hopefully document a few things along the way.

There has been a lot of work going into the race from my training to the fundraising involved with the race. I'm running this race on behalf of Safe Kids, the non-profit organization that I manage. I may not have reached my financial goal but I do appreciate the support that I've received from all of my friends and co-workers. I'm going to do my best to show my commitment to the race and the organization but representating the best that I can.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good Luck. I'm amazed that you are doing this! I'm sure you'll do great and I'll be thinking of you and cheering you on from home. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

L.J. said...

Congratulations, Christi!! You are ah-ah-mazing!